The Synthetic Diamond Screener II is developed by Presidium to help screen out Type IIa colorless diamond, which is likely to be laboratory-grown and created through chemical vapor deposition (CVD) or high pressure high temperature (HPHT) syntheses, from the natural Type Ia colorless diamond.
When subjected to this deep UV irradiation, Type Ia and Type IIa diamonds each absorb different amount of UV light. Type IIa diamonds allow deeper UV light to pass through and thus its UV light absorption ability is low. This difference in the light absorption is significant enough to aid in differentiating between colorless Type Ia and Type IIa diamonds.
- Advanced technology that measures a diamond’s UV light transmittance ability.
- 2 colour coded (blue/red) indicator light bars to give a low or high reading of UV light absorption with blue light indicating Natural Diamond and red light indicating Type IIa Diamond.
- Instantaneous clear results within 2 seconds.
- Blue light to illuminate the testing pad.
- A 5mm metal bar to conveniently raise the test probe for successive testing on loose stones.
- Test button will blink in red to alert if the device is unable to detect any stones on the photo-detector.
- Auto shutdown of interior LED light source for safe testing when lid of device is open or when Start Test button is not activated.
- Battery-opperated by 4 AAA alkaline batteries (not included) and USB port for alternative power source and connectivity.
- Exterior base foam padding to ensure non-slip sturdiness and prevent scratches to surfaces.
- Low battery indicator.
- Energy-saving auto power-off of device after 10 minutes without operation.
- Help to screen out Type IIa diamonds likely to be synthetic diamonds.
- Test on diamonds within a range in dimensions from 1.5mm in width and up to 5mm in height (approx 0.02 to 10 carate size).
- Test polished diamonds of popular cuts such as: brilliant round, emerald, baguette, etc.
- Use on both loose and mounted diamonds (on jewelry with open-back settings).
- For use on colorless diamonds from D Color down to J Color.